AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics tracking id error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! 

We have Google Analytics set up on our website and it is great for our reporting, but for June and July it wasn't tracking correctly. I checked in June and looks like there was a tracking id error. I replaced it again, made sure the site and Google Analytics were the same. I checked again later and looks like it didn't work. It only tracked 289 hits for June and July when our normal hits are 5,000+ per month. I re-did the id again and for August 1 - 4 it has already tracked 300 hits. so clearly there was an error with the id.

Basically my question is, is there a way to recover missing data? June and July aren't listing correctly and I need this information for our company reporting.

Please help!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Google Analytics tracking id error

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI
If the hits have not been received in any of your properties then unfortunately there is no way to recover lost data. But if the issue is still persisting you can post your URL to check if the code is firing as expected.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: Google Analytics tracking id error

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI
If the hits have not been received in any of your properties then unfortunately there is no way to recover lost data. But if the issue is still persisting you can post your URL to check if the code is firing as expected.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog