AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics tracking code not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have added the GA tracking code into the head section of my website http://www.brisbanebulkbillingdoctor.com.au/. For some reason the code is not tracking an data within analytics. 

I was however able to verify Search Console through analytics while setting it up and this data is showing within analytics. But the code is not tracking in real time and has no data in other sections in analytics either.

Any hep with fixing this would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Acicia Ridge M :-)

How long ago did you setup the tracking code? Sometimes with new installations, the real time tracking can take a couple of hours to sync with changes. Also data processing latency for the standard reports is usually 24-48hrs.

Are there any filters applied to the GA View?

Have you made sure you are not logged into your site, and you have cleared browser cookeis and cache and then retested to see if real time data is being seen?
Have you used the option in the GA interface where the tracking code is, to send a test hit?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thank you for your reply. Yes the code has been setup for a couple of weeks now. 

The only filters I applied are to filter out spam traffic and this is something I do with any other analytics account and has not really made a difference before.

I even tried the test hit bit (test traffic)and it did not show up any active users on the site.

I/m not really sure why this is not working !

Udai

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
1) Did you leave the original default View without any filters applied to it?

If not, can you please create a a new View without any filters applied.

Can you please log into GA and and go to the Property Settings page and screenshot or copy/paste the Property's tracking id to here

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Google Analytics tracking code not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Smiley Happy

1. I applied my spam filters to exclude specific spam traffic. I usually do this at an account level which then automatically applies at the view level. I gave done this for several analytics profiles and have not experienced an issue before. 

2. The tracking ID is:  

Tracking ID
UA-96643874-1

Thank you!

Udai

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Udai :-)

I'm not seeing any issue with the tracking code when i check with Google Tag Assistant or ga debugger.

A couple of thoughts.. 

1) Depending on hosting, I have seen it sometimes take up to a week for tracking to start working. eg sites hosted by Wix for example.

2) For no rhyme or reason, I have sometimes known Views not to start showing reported data until the View settings page has been accessed and the settings "saved", even if no changes to the View settings have been made.

3) Usual best practice with analytics is to leave at least one View without any filters applied.. this ensures there is a full unedited copy of data at all times, should it be needed for reporting purposes at any point in time.
It is also a great way to prevent a loss of data should a filter have a typo in it or something similar and have an unexpected result for reason a, b or c.

Creating filters at the Account level does not usually automatically apply them to all Views within the account afaik, usually you would select which Views to apply a filter to via the Account level upon Filter creation.. or at the View level an existing Filter could be chosen and applied or a new one created.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for your reply!. I do understand what you are saying about the view settings and the filters. 

I'l wait for a couple more days to see if it starts tracking but most other websites I work on are built in Wordpress just like this one and have not had this toruble at all.

Again thank you for all your help with this matter and if there is anything else you can think of please do let me know.

Udai!