Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics stopped working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I'm pretty desperate at this point... My google analytics stopped working I think almost a month ago if not longer. I've been searching up and down the internet, but since I'm a complete beginner to how having a website and google analytics works, I have absolutely no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. Not to mention that my English isn't in perfect condition so complicated explanations I'm not able to understand...

Is there's anyone who might know a few possible reasons to why it's not working, but can explain it in a way that makes it understandable for a beginner like me?

I'm really desperate for an answer and I hope someone can help me!

Thanks,

Else

Re: Google Analytics stopped working

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
Do you use Wordpress for your site?
If you want to write German thats fine too, but then others may not be able to help you.
Cheers

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Please check below post, all possible reason is mentioned there and please check one by one. If you don't understand anything please let us know. If possible share your website URL

https://moz.com/community/q/google-analytics-stopped-tracking-visits

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I do. I don't write German only Dutch, so writing German would probably only make it harder for me to understand Smiley Happy But I hope you might know a few possible reasons for why GA isn't working. Thanks for your reply!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for answering Smiley Happy I did read everything in the link, maybe I'm just really stupid but I still haven't figured out the problem. I don't even know how to check if the tracking code is working correctly. The only thing GA is telling me is that I'm getting no hits, but I know that I do and Real time isn't working either... My website URL is http://www.athoughtpersecond.com/

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no GA tracking code/tag found on your website and that is the reason your not seeing any data. First add the GA tracking code. You can check it yourself by using tag assistant.

Please check video if you are not aware how to use tag assistant @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AqanTBA9X4

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, great, thank you so much! When can I expect it to start working again? Or does it happen immediately?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
You have to add the GA code only and immediate after that open few pages of your website and check in real time data I hope you will see the data and after few hours or max 24 hours data will start showing in GA dashboard.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It works! Thank you so much!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Else, thought Else would be something between the Nordics and Austria. Sorry for guessing Germany.
If you are using Wordpress, then Google: "google analytics in wordpress", some plugins will pop up that you could use. And some support sites. Look at the first couple of results.
In the end, you will probably just install a plugin, insert the GA container snippet once, and the plugin will run it on all pages automatically for you.
Cheers