AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics results still showing old URLs of website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have designed one of our client's website from ASP.net to Angular. Due to this, the URLs been changed from .aspx to the angular routes. We used the same GA tracking code for the old and new website as we didn't wanted to loose the old data.

But, the google analytics is still showing the .aspx pages in the realtime overview report even after 6 weeks into new website. Those pages are no longer accessible. 

Can anyone please guide me how to stop this and have google analytics show real page name / url in it's reports? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nirav P
October

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, check the GA account settings, Admin / View / View settings and under the "Default page" field you may have "default.aspx" entered, remove it and soon after that all the links should be displayed correctly. Regards...

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Did you modify the default tracking code? The page value can be set on the tracker, if you are using the code from the old site the page values might be set to the old paths. I'd suggest to reinstall the tracking code from Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code and see if it resolves the issue. You won't lose any historical data by changing the tracking code. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

Are you sure your old pages dont exist any more? or do they still exist and have client side redirection to new pages?

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, the old website and it's server is down now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Arnold, 

Thank you for the reply. I tried this solution but it didn't solve my problem. Got anyother idea? 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Can you post one of old and new URLs

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The old URL was http://<<domain>>/specials/default.aspx, while the new URL is https://<<domain>>/specials/#/app/promotions/weekly-list

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nirav P
October

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, check the GA account settings, Admin / View / View settings and under the "Default page" field you may have "default.aspx" entered, remove it and soon after that all the links should be displayed correctly. Regards...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Marin, 

Thank you so much, man. This resolved my year-long question. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much Marin. You helped me solve a major issue Smiley Happy