Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics on Military or Government Servers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone implemented Google Analytics on military or government servers?  Looking into this for a client and we would really like to use a past performance as evidence that it has already been successfully implemented somewhere.  They have security/tracking concerns.

1 Expert replyverified_user

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not quite what I was looking for.  I'm looking to see which agencies or organizations are using this on .mil or .gov servers.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hey Peter,

US Military website uses Google Analytics. I had nothing to do with implimentation and you'll never get anyone to talk about it if they did for the most obvious reasons. That being said, Google Analytics meets some of the highest encryption standards (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6385009?hl=en) additionally it only collects data in aggregate and not on individuals. 

That being said Analytics is meant for client side tracking and not server side. As long as the website is public its fine. If the website is on a private server that is air gapped then there is no point due to the fact that you would have no way to send out the data to Analytic's servers. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’