AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics not working on Wordpress

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've used Yoast SEO plugin on other sites for Google Analytics and they work. My site that I'm trying to track is www.carolinacommercialsystems.com. I can see the tracking code when I "View Source" but there is no traffic when I sign into my Google Analytics account. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics not working on Wordpress

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

The tracking code is not added properly to the site. You have added the UA-ID only instead of the whole tracking code. You can get the tracking code from Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code in Google Analytics. It should appear in the source code of your pages like that. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I need some help as well. After updating my website www.nutrireland.com is no traffic on my google analytics account. I am new too all this and have no idea what to do. Please help.

Nataliya

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

The tracking code appears twice on your site, this results in tracking each pageview twice. You need to remove one of them.
If you have just created the property it can tak up to 24 hours for the data to appear in the reports. Also make sure that you have an unfiltered view so if something goes wrong with a filter in a filtered view you will have backup data. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
many thanks, for your reply.
This property i have created about a year ago and GA worked well until about 2 months. I think when i updated my website all traffic disappeared from GA account.
I hope i managed with tracing code and filters well. Hope it will work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, i have a very similar issue with the analytics installation which i did through Yeost.
First i noticed that no data was entering GA (not even after triggering test traffic from the GA website and waiting 48hrs.
When investigating, i can see the Google Site verification (for the search console authentication) in my source code of my home page (consistent with the config in Yoast), but nowhere can i find the Tracking ID in the source code of any page.
Now: you may say : what that is the problem. just fix that and you are done. I agree, but here is why i need help. How do i get Yoast to actually put that in my source code. I do not want to do it manually as that will just get me in trouble later on. i want Yoast to do it for me (as that is what i am using Yoast for in the first place), but i have tried everything : deactivate, activate Yoast, deinstall/reinstall Yoast and rerun the entire config (it seems to somehow remember the config settings even after deinstalling Yoast), i just cannot find where Yoast asks me to put this in or sync with GA as it did for the search console auth!

hope you experts can help me out

thanks in advance, Peter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, small addition to my earlier post... the website i am trying to get GA to work on is www.antwerp-tuktuk.com!

hope this helps!

thanks again, Peter