Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics not tracking sub-directories

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

My sub-directory - www.domain.com/blog used to track on GA. However, recently, it has not been tracking. Whenever I check the reports, I don't see traffic tracking from /blog. I even created a new view separately for the blog but it's still not tracking. I also created a new filter for sub-directory that contain /blog but unfortunately, there is no tracking.

The tracking code was inserted on both www.domain.com and www.domain.com/blog.

I was thinking maybe this has to do with cookie restriction only to the main website path, which means the session data or campaign data on any other path will not be included in the reports.

Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics not tracking sub-directories

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If you have the same tracking code on both sites, you should not need a separate view or filter to see the pageviews.

I suggest you start by cleaning up one of your views with no filters so you can see all the traffic. It would help if you posted the actual website URL so we could look at the code..
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.