AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics is not able to track visits from Pinterest

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am facing a strange issue with Google Analytics. From the last couple of months my Google Analytics is not able to track the visits from Pinterest. Before this issue, I was really getting good traffic from Pinterest on a regular basis, I have checked with Pinterest support and my Pinterest account is really very well. When I tried to add a new GA tracking code from a different account for the same website then it is tracking Pinterest visits.

I am not able to understand what has happened. Can anyone please tell why this happened or how I can resolve this issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Check you Analytics filters, and check your landing page to make sure it has your GA code. If those aren't the problem, your next step is probably to confirm the HTTP header through your browser web developer tools.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have already checked filters and domain referral exclusion.

As I shared, GA is tracking Pinterest visits, if I add a new GA code with a new account. And with current GA account as well, traffic from all other sources are being tracked correctly.

So, this should not be an issue. Checked server header response code as well.

http://prnt.sc/eypyt9

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is the visit being tracked at all? Can you see if it is showing up, but just not attributing it to Pinterest? I assume you've double- and triple- checked the UA number you are using?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is tracking the Pinterest visits but as DIRECT traffic. Source is not tracking correctly.