AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

I have recently generated and uploaded Google Webmaster code on my website.

I want to know that can I use the same code for Google Analytics account to track my website traffic. I mean is it necessary to generate another tracking code and upload on the website.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sunil,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your query but if you have Analytics currently installed and running on the site and it's tracking your visitors, there is no need to change anything. Validating a site in Search Console shouldn't impact this (assuming that's what you're referring to).

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Google Analytics code

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Google webmaster verification can be done by using meta tag, HTML, DNS or Analytics code. Which method have you used?

Set up Analytics tracking @ https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080?hl=en

Thanks