Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics code and eTouches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I work with an events company and we are using the event program eTouches, which works with Google. We want to be able to get metrics on our events and see how many times people have clicked through our website pages. I have figured out how to set this up in eTouches, but need a Google Analytics code to put in as the final step. I think each page supposedly has its own code. I have never worked with Google Analytics and am having trouble locating those codes.  Also, does anyone know if it is possible to have this work on past events whose websites are no longer being visited?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kayla S
June 2016

Re: Google Analytics code and eTouches

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kayla,

Google Analytics tracking id can be found by logging into Google Analytics and going to the Admin section. Under property (center column) there is a lonk for Tracking Info.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032385?hl=en

Every page should have the code snippet (with the same id number). That identifies your website property to Google Analytics.

It is NOT possible to get past information if you weren't tracking it. If you were tracking it, and you have the Google Analytics account that was used to track it, then the history is available for at least 2 years (most likely a lot longer).

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kayla S
June 2016

Re: Google Analytics code and eTouches

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kayla,

Google Analytics tracking id can be found by logging into Google Analytics and going to the Admin section. Under property (center column) there is a lonk for Tracking Info.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032385?hl=en

Every page should have the code snippet (with the same id number). That identifies your website property to Google Analytics.

It is NOT possible to get past information if you weren't tracking it. If you were tracking it, and you have the Google Analytics account that was used to track it, then the history is available for at least 2 years (most likely a lot longer).

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.