AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Suddenly Stopped Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

Hope you can help. I've been running GA on my site for about 2-3 years now with no issues. I've got 3 tags on the site:

Google Analytics general user tracking

Google Analytics Ecommerce tracking

Ghost Monitor Abandoned Cart tracking

I am using woo commerce and i've implemented the script for GA supplied from the GA panel which is in the head (my theme - Avada - inserts this to every page but doesn't record ecommerce data, hence the 2nd implementation).

I have a plugin which only records the ecommerce data (order values, items but not user numbers), so if you run google tag assistant it will say that the page has duplicate code, however this is not the issue as it has been like this for months if not years.

The third tracking code is Ghost Monitor abandoned cart. There are some errors with this but it seems to track ok (from the data supplied in Ghost Monitor admin panel). Again this has been running for 6 months + with no issues in my GA admin panel. Suddenly at midnight on 5th / 6th January the tracking ceased. I now have zero data being pulled through to my dashboard in GA. I have tried to deactivate EVERY plugin on woo commerce and this didn't help. I haven't updated anything and i'm certainly not tinkering at midnight on my site! 

Google Tag assistant in chrome shows they're installed correctly and collecting data but as I said nothing is coming through to my account. I even tried to sign up for a new GA account and still couldn't get any data into the dashboard. I am confused as to what the problem is. My theme author is saying it's not their problem but there's an issue somewhere, whether it's GA or my theme but I really am struggling to see what it is?

If anyone can shed some light i would be incredibly grateful! Pulling my hair out as I can't track any users or advertising campaigns!

Cheers

Stuart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

helps if i give the address....

www.mobilitytools.co.uk

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, Stuart

It seems that you have three (!!) different analytics implementations as I see from your source code. Two of them in the head sections and one in the body.

I suppose you should delete the redundant code on your site and stick to a single solution e.g. WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration plugin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Yes as I said in my original post I have 3. I already have the woo commerce  GA integration plugin and it is not tracking any info, even when I deactivate the other 2. The ghost monitor plugin is tracking info on cart abandonment and doesn't come through to my GA account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

one other thing to note is that there's obviously data coming through, as when I view my property settings I get this:

Property Hit Volume

Last day: 2,442 hits

Last 7 days: 14,256 hits

Last 30 days: 59,523 hits

So there's info being captured it just doesn't seem to show in GA?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Could you please provide some screenshots of your blank reports, real time reports and view / property settings? 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Firstly my audience overview:

https://s27.postimg.org/8u63q1m0j/Screen_Shot_2017_01_16_at_2_07_04_PM.png

Traffic over the few days of christmas was almost zero as I had deleted the code from the site that was tracking, only the ecommerce was tracking (the 2nd of the 2 plugins i mentioned at the start).

Screenshot of Property Hit Volume:

https://s29.postimg.org/fv3gwmglj/Screen_Shot_2017_01_16_at_2_07_04_PM.png

Thanks

Stuart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here! My tracking just stopped! I use WordPress and Woocommerce as well. Tried all the GA plugins, deleted, reactivated, re authorized... still doesn't work.