Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Server IP addresses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I need to allow traffic from our secure network to Google Analytic servers. I only have the option of whitelisting IP addresses. I have a few queries:

1. Is the IP address range for GA 216.58.192.0 - 216.58.223.255? If not, what is the best way to find the IP range?

2.Is the above range just for Google Analytics or other Google Services?

3. Is there a different range of addresses for HTTP and HTTPS?

4.Is there anyway to find out if more IPs are added?

Any help will be appreciated.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Server IP addresses

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Google Analytics fires on the user's browser. Are all of your users behind a firewall and unable to access the web other than via whitelisted IP addresses? There is unfortunately a huge range of IP addresses that are subject to seem to be subject to modification without notice.

See: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009688?hl=en for more info

If you are that locked down, I suggest looking at Piwik or other self-hosted tool - its worked for me in a secure intranet installation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Phillip,

Thanks for replying. Yes that's correct, all users are behind a firewall and web access is restricted to a set of whitelisted IPs. Unfortunately, there is a business request to use GA rather than any other solutions due to costs/self hosting.

I tried looking at the link but it only covers if the ga file is accessible. Is there any information of how many IP addresses we would have to whitelist or how I would go about getting this information (appreciating that this may change).

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Here is a tool to get you started - http://bgp.he.net/AS15169#_asinfo - you may want to include all of google's IP addresses.