AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Real Time User Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I had edu4sure.com as my domain last year and had put google analytics. This year I changed the hosting server to change my site, keeping the domain same.

When my developer Installed Sitemap, it is http://www.edu4sure.com/sitemap.xml 

But it shows me 2 properties now. Means in my dashboard I can see I have access to 2 properties both are named as edu4sure.com

When I go to analytics and check edu4sure.com last 4 years data, it shows Zero users. Even I and my team is open with the home page of my site www.edu4sure.com, still it shows ZERO REAL TIME USER.

How it can be corrected?

Did i make mistake in XML Site map, 

Re: Google Analytics Real Time User Issue

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepak,

I checked your domain but I can't see any Google Analytics code executed. Maybe the GA code was inadvertently removed from the site by your developer, during his process to install the XML Site map.

This is why you are not seeing any real-time data and any new data in general.

Notice: the XML Site map itself has nothing to do with Google Analytics, it is likely that the GA removal happened by mistake during the work.

Concerning the fact that you are not seeing your past data, this can't be caused by the removal of the GA code on your website. The past data should be still there on your Google Analytics property.

Since now you see two properties with the same name, my guess is that you are seeing the reports of this newly created property, that has zero data....

It is likely that if you enter the other property you will normally find your past data.

(once you find your old property with all your data, you should investigate who created this new property and, in case you don't need it, delete it to avoid confusion... )

Let me know if you solve your issue!

Hope it helps.

I wish you a great day,

Gabriele

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabriele-rapino-b8769a21

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes you are right Gabriele that developer made changes

Let me check again with him and fix the issue.

Will get back to you.

I deleted new property as well but still the issue remains same so give me
sometime to check it again.

--
Regards,

*Deepak GoelFounder, TestFormula& Edu4Sure Email: deepak@edu4sure.com
*TestFormula|Facebook |
Twitter | Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Gabriele: Can you check if I should put this code. This shows in my first www.edu4sure.com property UA-64282448-1

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deepak,

nope, still no GA code:

Schermata 06-2457565 alle 11.04.55.pngCheck of GA code presence with Google Tag Assistant

If you use the Chrome browser, you can check yourself very easily the presence of GA code, by installing the Google Tag Assistant, a free extension for chrome. This is the same I used to check your site as in my screenshot.

Let me know!

Best,

Gabriele

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
When I go to your website and look in the console there is definitely GA data being sent to property UA-64282448-1. One question though - is there any particular reason why you're using old ga.js library instead of Universal Analytics's analytics.js? My recommendation would be to use the latter and deploy it with Google Tag Manager. This is a powerful tool that would give you much more flexibility with your deployment and provide more options. Also you wouldn't need to tinker with the code anymore.

Please let me know what do you think about that.