Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Not Collecting Data From Safari

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I just set up google analytics on my website. Everything works fine with chrome, and I can see real time users as well as reports from past days. However, when viewing the website from safari on macOS or iOS, nothing shows up in real time or reports. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if anyone knows how to fix it. I have done all the troubleshooting steps, and I downloaded the add on for chrome and it says everything is good. Does safari block analytics traffic?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emily,

This should not be the case, and I can confirm from my own GA implementations that this is working for me. I have witnessed a similar issue where we were trying to use a JS function that was not supported fully in Safari and the tracking broke.

Do you have any custom code you've added to the standard implementation? COuld you perhaps share your implementation?

Any further details you can provide may help.

Regards,

Andy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Andy, 

I didn't add any custom code, and since this my first time using google analytics I just stuck to the steps google provided as closely as possible. This is the code I posted right before </head>.

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-96848335-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emily,

That's quite unusual. Are you able to provide your site address for me to take a look at?

Is this code live and checking against real users or is it just with your testing that it's not working?

Regards,

Andy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh wow I wasn't thinking. I have content blockers on all my devices and that's why I wasn't seeing safari. I just downloaded chrome for testing so I never put an ad blocker on it or anything. Silly me, thanks anyways though!