Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Insight Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Team,

From last couple of months I am getting unexpected insight in my analytics dashboard.

I tried to different analytics code independently for my website and each time a totally different result I found, once they show bounce rate is 65% and after couple of days a different analytics code shows bounce rate 5%, how this could be possible, each time a different analytics code shows different result ?

I am not understanding, if at one place duration on a web page by visitor is showing 0.00 and simultaneously they are showing bounce rate 0% for same page.
Means a users not spent a single minute on that page but bounce rate is 0%, is this feasible ?

I am loosing my faith from Google analytics now, everything going smooth 3 months back sudedenly my site traffic remains the same but its bounce rate suddenly move from 8% to 80% in a single day and nothing is changed in website, I tried all the testing methods, load time, etc. Every thing is fine only data is keep changing each day.

Please suggest what could be the reason and what I need to do, May I go with paid analytics tools in online market or need to to believe in Google Analytics. 

Regards,
Ashutosh Mishra

ashutosh.narayan3834@gmail.com

Re: Google Analytics Insight Error

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

The bounce rate could be affected by two reasons
1) Multiple google pageview tag triggered in same page
2) non-interactive events that are set to interactive which will affect the bounce rate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Suradha,

Thanks for your reply. I would be thankful to have more elaborated explanation on the issue, still I am finding the same issue with analytics.

What I assume that, it could be possible on some of the pages Scripts (Which include analytics code script) is unable to load so Google bots were sending wrong reports and ultimately I am getting an incorrect information each time.

I would be thankful to have a good solution of the issue.

Thanks,
Ashutosh 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ashutosh,

Please send me your website url , I will check and let you know whats causing the issue.

Thanks

Sura

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

myhotelcar.com

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Quick check shows me that your are using two different analytics in same website and it is not consistent. For example you can see the GA code on homepage and Cars page is not same. 

So if people move from one page to another you will lose that session, causing tracking issue. 

Also I would recommend having your GA code in <head>..</head> section as sometimes the page takes more time to load if I search for car.

Try installing Google Tag Assistant and record your activity to see where exactly you lose the data. Hope this helps mate!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Suradha,

As you suggested i made the changes now we have one analytic code implemented in complete website, but the issue still same.

Please suggest what more we must do. I still have doubt that there is possibility that GA script not very much compatible with Cloud flare or Goofle App Engine on which our current site run.

Thanks a lot for your till now support , i am expecting your help will help me fix the issues asap.

Thanks,
Ashutosh