Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Dashboard using Core API

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everybody, My website has run for a while and using Analytics Standard. And we would like to created our own dashboard in CRM system to sharing data to our client base on Google Analytics Reports. So we would like to using Google Analytics API to migrate the data. My question is

• Is that has limitation for Google Analytics Standard. 
  • Is that possible to choose some data set, Instead of all. Such as Session / Conversion etc.
  • How can we start to implement the core API
  • Can we merge core API with our own CRM.

Please collect me, If something wrong.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

there are limitations how many queries you can do:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/limits-quotas

To start implementing:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v4/

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Just to add to Anti's answer. I've been using the api for years, and you have to work pretty hard to start reaching the daily thresholds. You can also be cunning with how many times queries are set to refresh, and a little pragmatic (for example, it is tempting to set a refresh to every 15 minutes, but for some data sets such as traffic trends this may not be necessary where only daily trends are of interest). 

You can choose to make your queries as specific as you like, such as conversions or events.

I would recommend using the Google Sheets add on as a way to quickly get started. Use the query explorer tool as well. With regard to merging with your CRM data, the simple answer is yes but can be quickly complicated by how you want to merge it. For example, if the two data sets share a common anchor such as transaction or customer id then there's no reason why you could not merge them in Google sheets for example. If there is a large amount of data, which exceeds Google sheets capabilities then you'll need some kind of data warehousing solution, such as Google Big Query. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.