AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Core Reporting API V4 - Cannot extract more than one metric!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi experts!

I have downloaded and integrated new JAVA library for Core Reporting API v4. Everything was cool and perfect until I realized that I cannot extract more than one metric from the API.

I have submitted a stack overflow question for this, 4 days ago but no luck:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37861784/cannot-extract-more-than-one-metric-from-google-analytic...

There's a clear explanation of my code and my problem in stackoverflow. In short:

An arrayList of Dimension objects and an arrayList of Metric objects is needed by the Core Reporting API to work.

Everything is OK with Dimensions. The problem is in Metrics! ...Only the first Metric object is extracted even if I add more Metric objects to my Metrics arrayList. No exceptions, no warnings....only empty returns for all but the first metric!!

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your support.

Best Regards

Panos

Re: Google Analytics Core Reporting API V4 - Cannot extract more than one metric!!

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Panos,

Thank you for your question.

If you still need help let me know and I shall do some research for you.

Best,

Shannon

Re: Google Analytics Core Reporting API V4 - Cannot extract more than one metric!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shannon,

Thanks for be willing in helping me.
There's definitely a problem with Google's java code. You can see the posted answer to my StackOverflow case:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37861784/cannot-extract-more-than-one-metric-from-google-analytic...

Google has to provide a fix for the java version. There's no similar problem with the Python version.
In short, the problem is that all metric values are returned in the first position of metrics array or equivalently the metrics array size is always 1!

Best Regards,
Panos

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Panos,

Thanks for following up. I'll pass this information to the team.

Best,

Shannon