AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Code Not Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

We are having trouble with our Google Analytics Code not tracking data on our site.We would greatly appreciate some help troubleshooting this issue. Its been over 36 hours since we added the code to our site, but we are not able to get any data. When we send a test feed we are able to track active user and get count of 1, but can't view historical old data.

Here is our website link:

http://nicjon.podbean.com

Below is our code:

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-72369450-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Code Not Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jonathan,

I reviewed your site using the Chrome add on Google Tag Assistant and it is recording/sending data. Do you have any Filters applied that might be excluding data from being captured in your reports? You can check this in the Admin under View > Filters.

Also, could you clarify by what you mean by "test feed"? And when you say you can track an active user is this from Reporting under Real-Time?

Finally, you may want to review where you have placed your GA tracking snippet. Currently you have it placed before the closing </body> tag but the ideal implementation would have it before the closing </head> tag. However, this shouldn't be the cause of your current issue.

Cheers,
JD

Re: Google Analytics Code Not Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jennifer, thanks for getting back, i have checked the filter settings under admin and currently none are applied. for your question on test feed, under Admin> tracking> tracking code> we can see tracking ID and status, below status it saws no data received in last 48 hours, below this there is an option to send test traffic. when i click on this option and go to real time activity i can see a log being picked up. Attached is the screen shot which shows the code i have entered, when i pasted the code, the formatting might have got lost in my query. Appreciate your help regards Jon