AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Campaign Link Tags

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone please help me with this question?  I've tried the answer 10 ways to Sunday and it keeps coming up as incorrect.  

Add campaign link tags to the URL http://www.mysite.com/home so that traffic to the link would show in the Source / Medium report as "coupon / email" and in the Campaigns report as "springsale". Enter the tagged URL here.

Thanks in advance! 

Cassie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

You should use the campaign URL builder to get this tagged URL. Smiley Happy

Here's a link to the official URL builder: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/

Here's what you already have:

1) Website URL

2) Campaign Source

3) Campaign Medium

4) Campaign Name

That's everything you need. Just fill out this form with the information that you already have, and once complete the tagged URL will be generated for you automatically.

You already mentioned all the values that you need in your post.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

You should use the campaign URL builder to get this tagged URL. Smiley Happy

Here's a link to the official URL builder: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/

Here's what you already have:

1) Website URL

2) Campaign Source

3) Campaign Medium

4) Campaign Name

That's everything you need. Just fill out this form with the information that you already have, and once complete the tagged URL will be generated for you automatically.

You already mentioned all the values that you need in your post.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Taavi ... I can't use the URL builder for the answer ... I need to know how the link looks AFTER using the URL builder and I don't know how to figure that out.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

This tool will generate this link that you need Cassie. You just need to fill out the form with the values that you already mentioned and then you'll get the link that you're looking for.

You'll see the link immediately after filling out the form.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks ... I'll give it a try! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!, Will my tagged links still work for analytics after i converted the url to short links?

Will i be able to view results in google analytics?

Thank you

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Angelina D

It depends on the URL shortener. Actually, you can test it out pretty easily. Just enter the shortened URL to your address bar, press enter and see what happens. If the UTM parameters are still attached to your website's URL, your tagged URL works properly and you'll be able to see the results in your reports in Google Analytics.

Hope this helps.

Taavi