AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google: Analytic's - Placement of Events tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We are wanting to set up Events tracking for some of the pages on the MS-UK website with regards to Downloads of .pdf and Word documents.

I have read all the information on GA about setting up the script, however it does not tell me where to put the actual lines of script – I am guessing contained within the [script] [/script] of the tracking code?

Also, does this need to be added on the specific pages where we have downloads, or, do I just add one line for each download to the overall tracking script?

Also, what needs to go in the [fieldsObject] as this is not specified in the Events Overview https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events?

ga('send', 'event', [eventCategory], [eventAction], [eventLabel], [eventValue], [fieldsObject]);

Re: Google: Analytic's - Placement of Events tracking code

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Google: Analytic's - Placement of Events tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all, having delved further into this forum and clicked on the links on the Suggested links on the right I am pleased to say I appear to have cracked the connumdrum Smiley Happy

cheers