Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google: Analytic's - Placement of Events tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We are wanting to set up Events tracking for some of the pages on the MS-UK website with regards to Downloads of .pdf and Word documents.

I have read all the information on GA about setting up the script, however it does not tell me where to put the actual lines of script – I am guessing contained within the [script] [/script] of the tracking code?

Also, does this need to be added on the specific pages where we have downloads, or, do I just add one line for each download to the overall tracking script?

Also, what needs to go in the [fieldsObject] as this is not specified in the Events Overview https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events?

ga('send', 'event', [eventCategory], [eventAction], [eventLabel], [eventValue], [fieldsObject]);

Re: Google: Analytic's - Placement of Events tracking code

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Google: Analytic's - Placement of Events tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all, having delved further into this forum and clicked on the links on the Suggested links on the right I am pleased to say I appear to have cracked the connumdrum Smiley Happy

cheers