Analytics
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytic configuration xml file and its global access

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a newbie to the google analytic and setup and enable google analytic in our application. 

The application architecture is quite complex. After reading google analytic guide and example, i still cannot get some parts. 

Our architecture is as below:

1. UIApp => This is the entry of the application and it is a android project and contains UI components.

2. UIService => This is the service that run in another process and it is another android project library.

3. SubComponent1 => This is called by the UIService or UIApp. It is another android project library.

4. SubComponent2 =>  This is called by the UIService or UIApp.  It is another android project library.

5. CoreService => This is the core service that run in another process and it is another android project library. 

UIApp bind to the UIService and UIService bind to CoreService.

Architecture.png

1. Google analytics configuration json needs to provide the package name. I have too many packages in different project library. And i don't want to mantain for each project. So i am thinking about making a shared library for google anayltics and provide interface to get the tracker. Is it ok? 
2. I want to collect the crashes and exception also. https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/android/v4/exceptions

<bool name="ga_reportUncaughtExceptions">true</bool> 

add the above line to xml configuration. I don't know where is the xml configuration file? I only have the google-services.json file. 
3. If i want to Use the ExceptionReporter class to implement automatic uncaught exception measurement, how can i implement for the my above architecture... looking at the example and still no idea. 

Thanks a lot.

Google Analytic configuration xml file and its global access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there someone can tell me where is the xml configuration in mobile app so that i can enable 

<bool name="ga_reportUncaughtExceptions">true</bool> . 

Is this xml configuration means google-services.json?