Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Getting Analytics of same page from 2 different domains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to be clear on this, I am NOT trying to do cross domain tracking where domain 1 has different webpages than domain 2.

In fact Domain 1 and domain 2 use the exact same pages, which means the analytics code is exactly the same. 

Domain 1 is the primary domain. Traffic from this domain is recorded properly.  Domain 2 is a second domain that uses .htaccess to redirect to domain 1, but still have the url appear to be from domain 2.  

I want traffic from both domains to be recorded, since they are both looking at the same site.

Now, I can program in a if/then statement so that it runs the cross domain code depending on what domain it comes from (that is, page "chooses" whether it shows code for domain 1 or code for domain 2)

I want to know if there is a better way to accomlish the same result?  Thank you

Re: Getting Analytics of same page from 2 different domains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If the if then coding is the best way to do it, can you assist me by also verifying I did the code correctly below and didnt leave something open? Thanks

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

<? $domain = parse_url($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], PHP_URL_HOST); if($domain == "DOMAIN1") { ?> ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXXX-Y', 'auto', {'allowLinker': true}); ga('require', 'linker'); ga('linker:autoLink', ['DOMAIN2'] ); <? } else { ?> ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXXX-Y', 'auto', {'allowLinker': true}); ga('require', 'linker'); ga('linker:autoLink', ['DOMAIN1'] ); <? } ?> ga('send', 'pageview'); </script>