Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Get User ID From Iframe - Urgent

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Smiley Happy

1. My product is located on Domain A

2. When you Click to preview button on domain A it opens my product in IFRAME and product preview URL looks like this

http://domainA/full_screen_preview/9927602?_ga=1.253819528.1619721580.1459184832 (red number is client id)

IFRAME loads my product preview that is located on domain B(my personal domain i can edit code here but on domain A i can't insert/edit code i only allowed to use My tracking ID)

I want User Session from Domain A to be continued on domain B thru Iframe. Domain A and B both using same properties. 

Maybe it can be done with some js code, it will be on my domain B and it will look on iframe URL and will get client id numbers and assign it to session on domain B?

Thanks

321321321.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Get User ID From Iframe - Urgent

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Does themeforest support cross domain tracking?
If you have no control over tracking code insertion on domainA, then you should speak

with their support as to whether they support cross domain tracking for their sellers.

Otherwise you may spend an awful lot of time trying to make something work with no joy.

Not sure if the following article may be helpful to you in some way

http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2015/11/18/tracking-complex-interactions-in-iframes-google-analytics...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Get User ID From Iframe - Urgent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for reply.

Here is what i found in they iframe js code, 

adadad.png

UA-56356194-1 it is my property ( yellow colored), based on js code can we say that they supporting Cross domain tracking for me?