Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GTM firing Event tag, but it's not showing up in Analytics' Events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I've got an issue where I can get GTM to fire a tag but the resulting tag is not pushed to Analytics. 

I have the UA code set up as a constant Variable within GTM and I am getting all other Analytics data, so I know it's not a configuration issue of simply mistyping the code. 

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? I've never run into this particular issue before. Since the tag has fired in GTM, I'm assuming this is an issue with Analytics, so I'm posting it here. If we can troubleshoot it back to GTM, I'll post there. 

GTM_-_Tag_firing_for_select_colors.png

Thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reap A
April 2016

Re: GTM firing Event tag, but it's not showing up in Analytics' Events

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Reap A,

Note that to see data in GA standard reports, you need to wait about 24 hours for the raw data to be processed. You can also install a tool like GA Debugger for Chrome to see if the hit is sent, and also to the proper account. But, as you can already see, the tag fires so it must be going somewhere!
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reap A
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Reap A,

Note that to see data in GA standard reports, you need to wait about 24 hours for the raw data to be processed. You can also install a tool like GA Debugger for Chrome to see if the hit is sent, and also to the proper account. But, as you can already see, the tag fires so it must be going somewhere!
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nicky,

I replied to the wrong thread, sorry about the confusion. So the data is showing up now. But it wasn't showing up in Real Time so there was no way to verify if the tag was passing the data to Analytics. I'm not sure what changed, but at least I can see the historic data now.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Nicky Y, currently facing the same issue as @Reap A, yes, I understand the analytics need 24 hours to be shown in the reports, but in my case I am testing the same with "Real-Time > Events" report and I can see "Right now 1 active users on site" but "There is no data for this view.".

I have debugged GTM code with "Google Tag Assistant" Chrome extension, it's showing a warning "Same web property ID is tracked twice.", but based on a quick research, this shouldn't impact the integration of GTM & GA.

Appreciate your assistance.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've noticed that sometimes GA filters your own visits if you have addons like Tag assistant or Google publisher toolbar or by some other reason in Views with filters. So try to look into RAW data view.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just noticed that I can see the real-time record in "Events (Last 30 min)", whilst it's weirdly not appearing in "Active users". Anyways, now I can continue with "Events (Last 30 min)".

Let's hope it get fixed soon -if it's a bug Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update:

My problem is solved, now I can see the records in "Real-Time > Active Users".

In the "Tag Configuration" the "Non-Interaction Hit" field was set to "True". Actually I don't know what does this configuration do, but I changed it to "False" and the problem was solved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know you solved the problem but wanted to link the helpful Chrome extension in case anyone else came upon this article:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics-debugger/jiokjpcfnipnicblkgdklknjjeohnfln

That tool makes it easy to debug whether events are fired as desired within the Developer console in Chrome.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

@Husain A Non interaction is related to whether the event should negate the otherwise bounced status of a session - I'd check your bounce rate just to ensure it's reporting as you expect, especially if this is a common event.

https://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2014/05/06/noninteraction-events-google-analytics/

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here