Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GAnalytics and GApps / GAnalytics to analyse use of a GDrive?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

First post hence apologies if not at the right place (supervisor please relocate my post if relevant). Could not find where to post this particular subject actually...

CONTEXT: Using Google Analytics within Google Apps For Education and a shared Google Drive.

1) As a Google Apps admin, I can allow my users to use Google Analytics as an internal Google App. When I try to acces 

http://www.google.com/analytics/a/mydomain as suggested in the Google Analytics settings page within Google Apps, I got a 404 error page. What does it mean? Is Google Analytics available for Google Apps and if yes, what can users expect from this service exactly?

2) I am interested in Google Anaytics for Google Drive to know more about our shared drive usage than I can get from the reporting section of the Google Admin console. Can Google Analytics be used for Google Drive and especially a shared Google Drive in the context of Google Apps for Education?

Thank you for any guidance,

Best regards,

Note I called Google Apps support and got a "app not supported, please refer to the community forums" answer...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GAnalytics and GApps / GAnalytics to analyse use of a GDrive?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Frederic,

regarding 2) you might want to take a look at the Google Analytics Add-on for Google Spreadsheets [1]. It uses the Analytics API to access report data and Google Spreadsheet to list and visualize it. Easy scheduling and shared access by standard Google authentication included.

Christoph

[1] https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for your contribution. However, this add-on is to allow a user to analyse Google Analytics reports with Google Sheet. My requirement is to set Google Analytics to generate data about the usage of a shared Google Drive. For instance, I would like to know how many Google Apps users opened a given document, who they are, how long they spent with the document opened.

The Google Analytics Spreadsheet add-on makes it easier for Google Analytics users to access, visualize, share, and manipulate their data in Google Spreadsheets.

It is not about using Google Sheets to better analyse Google Analytics reports, it is about using Google Analytics to get data and reports on Google Drive usage.

Thx,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Okay, I see. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any possibility to do that.