AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA not tracking data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have implemented the UA GA code on my website, still GA is not showing any data in the account.

What could be the possible reason.

Here is the site: www.investonomix.com

Regards,

Naren

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author naren pingle
September 2016

Re: GA not tracking data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Your tracking code is working and it is sending data to Google Analytics. It is recommended to put the tracking code into the head tag of the page instead of the bottom of the page as you did. If you have just set up the property and installed the tracking code it can take up to 24 hours for the data to appear in the reports.

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author naren pingle
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Your tracking code is working and it is sending data to Google Analytics. It is recommended to put the tracking code into the head tag of the page instead of the bottom of the page as you did. If you have just set up the property and installed the tracking code it can take up to 24 hours for the data to appear in the reports.

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

Thanks for your suggestion. The data started appearing the account now. But we had to change the property for that.

GA not tracking data

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Arnold,

***Update; I found that the I had two datalayer = [] in the code, one above the GTM code and one in the footer. After I removed the datalayer in the footer, my issue went away. More information about this particular reasoning can be found here (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/tag-manager/0Lpevpf2Fss). This is solved.***

I'm having a similar issue. I had added the tracking information a few days ago, but when I look at Google Tag Assistant in Chrome, it only shows the Tag Manager code. I have analytics created, and set up in tag manager the same as some previous setups (made sure I published each time).

See the site here: http://www.optometricarchitects.com/

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric