Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA not tracking after adding SSL certificate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently installed an SSL certificate, and GA stopped tracking completely. We have it installed through Tag Manager. Here's what we've done already:

1. Went into Google Analytics settings and changed the default URL to https://
  2. In the Tag Manager settings, set Force SSL to true, and re-published.
  3. Updated all scripts and links on the site to be https:// complaint (used //)
  4. Cleared all cache on the server side

When I watch the network activity, it shows GA as firing correctly. Nothing shows up in the account! Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the Site Url?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

GTM has new updates.When you install GTM you will get two pieces of Code.

First install the first piece of code in the head portion of your website manually then the other one in the body portion as directed in the GTM code in the time.After that install GA.

Let me know if it works

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I checked your site it is working and GA is fine.Visit any page and see real time reports in GA and you will see hits coming in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm, still not seeing any hits in real time reports. I've had the 2 tags from tag manager installed for awhile now. I'm gonna give it until the morning here and see if it's working then. Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Re install Tag manager once again and if possible install it manually without any plugin if possible.Then re-install Tags again.Check out also if u have set up any filters for internal traffic exclusions also.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've tried all of the above and also tried creating a new GA account with no filters and added manually to all pages. Still nothing.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

What GA account you are checking?Please check this account only where all your tracking is happening:UA-194279-1