Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA implementation via GTM results in No Hits notification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, everyone.

We recently migrated our implementation of Google Analytics to Google Tag Manager. In summary, our sites now load GA through GTM. Some time after the changes, GA is giving us a notification about our site getting "No Hits." I verified through Google Tag Assistant and GA's real-time report that our sites are getting hits, contrary to the notification. I clicked on the "Check Again" link next to the notification, and after a couple of days the notification is still there. What did I miss?

Here's the link: http://www.dentallearninghub.com/. Any thoughts would be appreciated. TIA

screenshot.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
You may want to check your setup as when i check the site with GTA it is saying two pageviews are fired .. looking at it in GA Debugger.. one is being fired via GTM-5SBV4S

And somehow there is also a 2nd pageview being fired for the same property.

When you check the GTM container, do you possibly have a GA tag setup 
and then maybe a seperate custom html tag with the tracking code snippet itself inserted into it?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I added a custom HTML tag to load the GA snippet, to see if that would solve the problem. But it does not. GA is still showing the No Hits notification. I removed the custom HTML tag just now.