2.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA->Facebook

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So how do I find out where my views on my Facebook page are coming from if you cannot hook it up to Google Analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

GA->Facebook

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

As you've discovered, you can't add Google Analytics code to a Facebook page, as you would to a website. You've got a couple of options:

- add UTM campaign tracking to the links you post to Facebook so you can see how much traffic is specifically coming from the links you post to your website

- familiarise yourself with the insights reports available in Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/business/a/page/page-insights

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: GA-

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Specifically what I want to do is see the URL that the visit(s) came from
when I get a notification...for example "you have 10 views". I'm assuming
they are all from the same place. Very unusual--I have a small page.
Wondering if I can ID who looked at my page 10 times or from what country
at least. Otherwise I don't want to read a bunch of stuff about Facebook
insights and Facebook campaigns-- but thank you, I will keep those links
for my records. I'm just looking for some simple detective work.

GA->Facebook

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would go with @John W. I would recommend you to go with Facebook Insights. 

GA->Facebook

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

To get an overview you can go via insights > page views. Via the graphs you see there you can there identify where page views have come from either, for example, geographically or from where on the internet (though the amount of detail is a bit limited). This is simple detective work, trust me. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.