AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA event tracking. Should I set same fields as PV tag?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When implementing Event tracking on GA through GTM, apart from setting Tracking ID and event's data, should I also set the fields that are in "More Settings > Fields to Set", such as "forceSSL, cookieDomain, etc", just as they are set in the main pageview type tag?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Felipe P
January 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I suppose that if you have any reasons to overwrite default values with the pageview tag you should do the same with event. In this case event hits will be tacked in the same way as page views and properly sesionized 

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

With GTN GA Event tag you should provide Tracking ID, track type (event), and event's category, action and label

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, thanks for the answer, but I meant other fields apart from that.

Guess I wasn't clear in my question so I edited it.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Felipe P
January 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I suppose that if you have any reasons to overwrite default values with the pageview tag you should do the same with event. In this case event hits will be tacked in the same way as page views and properly sesionized