Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA Tracking call returns 302 status code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Some instances of the tracking Google Universal Analytics tracking call (https://www.google-analytics.com/collect...) are returning a 302 HTTP status code (= redirect) instead of a 200. This happens usually on the first page load when browsing is resumed after an expired session. While a normal 200 tracking call will load the GIF, the 302 is of type text/html because the GIF could not be loaded.

My question is: Does GA track these calls completely even with the return 302?

The reason I am asking this is because I am debugging missing transactions. One Analytics tool registers transactions when GA does not. In total, GA tracks 15-20% less transactions than the other tool.

Thanks for your thoughts.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA Tracking call returns 302 status code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

it should - 302 is just a redirect for DC to collect and join info for users related to demo and interests reports.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zorin

I can actually confirm that now. Test orders I made with a 302 return code on the confirmation page ended up in GA. So this does not seem to be an issue. Still confusing because there is no proper 200 return code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! Same with me here.. I am debugging some lost transactions..  And I am getting 302 redirect too..

Are u sure that it is not an issue?