AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA Only Tracking Chrome Visitors

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been puzzling over why my GA isn't tracking all my visitors.  My blog is fairly new, but I know I have traffic coming in (giveaway entries, comments, etc.).  However GA isn't showing the traffic.  The only hits/pageviews it is showing is a random hit here and there from other countries (none in the US/Canada) and all the visitors it is tracking are using Chrome.

I did a traffic test and the Live shows I'm there, but my visit isn't tracked or "saved".

my website is: http://momreviewthis.com

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA Only Tracking Chrome Visitors

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Sara B,

The analytics implementation looks fine, and I can see pageview hits going to the property UA-75011096-2 in both Chrome and Firefox. Make sure you are checking the correct property.

Also, data doesn't get processed right away, and you may need to wait up to 24 hours for the data to show up in your standard reports. Try checking again in a few hours. Good thing is that you do see it in Real-Time though.

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply!  That makes me feel a little better to know the code is installed correctly Smiley Happy

I am looking at the correct property under "Audience Overview"  What I'm seeing is definitely not accurate traffic for the last few days (as I mentioned I have a giveaway posted and there are entries as well as comments on another post) and none of those visitors are showing up here.  I also truly hope my bounce rate isn't 100% Smiley Sad

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Can you advise what I'm doing wrong?  I need true traffic stats for advertisers and sponsors of my posts. 

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove a screenshot that included private information such as an email address, an account ID, or similar 
Please feel free to re-post the screenshot after having removed or entirely obscured any and all information that has the potential to put your accounts and/or your privacy at risk, when published in a public forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sara B,

Could you please upload screenshot without sensitive information on it? Then maybe we could help.

Screenshots aside I noticed that on your homepage apart from Universal Analytics code reporting to UA-75011096-2 property, you have implemented old Google Analytics code (ga.js) reporting to UA-29210675-1 property (giveawaytools2.com). Is there any particular reason for that?

Also from implementing side it is recommended that your Universal Analytics code should be placed just before closing head tag i.e. </head>. So in your case it should look like this:

&lt;script&gt;
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-75011096-2', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

&lt;/script&gt;
</head>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's what I'm seeing:

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 6.11.42 PM.png

It appears I'm getting a few more hits to track on this page, but I still think it isn't picking up everything.

I have the code implemented through my Genesis WP theme which puts it in.

As for the giveawaytools2.com code -- I use GiveawayTools for the giveaway widget on one of my posts.  I wasn't aware that widget code was old or wrong.