AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA - Different domains / cross domain tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have site A.com with GA tracking. I have site B.com with different GA account tracking where I have conversions. What type of tracking/code do I need to implement on site B.com to track conversions on B.com in A.com GA reporting? Note I want to know if someone visited site A.com and then non-directly went to B.com and converted on B.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Braden C
December 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Braden,

You'll need to set up cross-domain tracking across domain A.com and B.com.

You'll find the instructions from here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

Keep in mind that you'll need to use exactly the same tracking ID (UA-XXXXXXX-Y) on both websites in order to make it work. You don't need to change the existing ID's but you'll need to add a new and exactly the same tracking ID on both websites.

Hope this helps.

Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Braden C
December 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Braden,

You'll need to set up cross-domain tracking across domain A.com and B.com.

You'll find the instructions from here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

Keep in mind that you'll need to use exactly the same tracking ID (UA-XXXXXXX-Y) on both websites in order to make it work. You don't need to change the existing ID's but you'll need to add a new and exactly the same tracking ID on both websites.

Hope this helps.

Taavi