Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA - Different domains / cross domain tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have site A.com with GA tracking. I have site B.com with different GA account tracking where I have conversions. What type of tracking/code do I need to implement on site B.com to track conversions on B.com in A.com GA reporting? Note I want to know if someone visited site A.com and then non-directly went to B.com and converted on B.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Braden C
December 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Braden,

You'll need to set up cross-domain tracking across domain A.com and B.com.

You'll find the instructions from here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

Keep in mind that you'll need to use exactly the same tracking ID (UA-XXXXXXX-Y) on both websites in order to make it work. You don't need to change the existing ID's but you'll need to add a new and exactly the same tracking ID on both websites.

Hope this helps.

Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Braden C
December 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Braden,

You'll need to set up cross-domain tracking across domain A.com and B.com.

You'll find the instructions from here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

Keep in mind that you'll need to use exactly the same tracking ID (UA-XXXXXXX-Y) on both websites in order to make it work. You don't need to change the existing ID's but you'll need to add a new and exactly the same tracking ID on both websites.

Hope this helps.

Taavi