AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

GA Admin states no GA T Code found. No errors.

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum, answered by Whims (TC)

Question: Hello GA Support, I have just installed the GA code on my website, however, it states not having to detect the code on my website. The moderate knowledge of web dev. that I have tells me there is no error. Would you mind extending some assistance. This is my page www.meokhan.com

Answer: Thanks for your question. It would be up to you to assess your data and decide what is and isn't spam traffic. htaccess in most instances won't help as the majority of spam/fake data is not generated by

actual visits to your website, the hits are sent via the measurement protocol.

The article i linked to above is one of the most comprehensive for dealing with the fake data,

and is worth taking the time to read and follow the directions/instructions in it.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA Admin states no GA T Code found. No errors.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To add further info to the above reply, the following article is very comprehensive and provides indepth information and instructions on how to create filters to block this type of activity.

http://www.analyticsedge.com/2014/12/removing-referral-spam-google-analytics/

Alternatively you may also find the following free service useful for creating and adding the filters for you:

https://referrerspamblocker.com/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here