AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Following event not being tracked/added to Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We've recently decided to start tracking button clicks, and we're using the following code:

function clickButton1(){
ga('send', 'event', 'Click through', 'Clicked first button', 'Used first button to leave the page');
}

and it's being call onClick like so:

<a href='https://example.com?location=mysite.com,button=first-button' onclick="clickButton1()" class='ph-button ph-btn-blue'>Find Out More</a>

I'd assume when I check analytics for this page, in behaviour->events I'd see the category "Click through" appear, however, nothing.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, or events can't be called by onClick. But any input may help.

Thanks,

Jordan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Following event not being tracked/added to Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marketing R,

Data doesn't get processed into your standard reports until about 24 hours after the data has been collected. Try checking in your Real-Time report to see if the event appears. Also make sure you are not filtering any our your hits. Alternatively, you could also install GA Debugger to see if your hits are going through.

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn