Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Filter by USER not SESSION for successful e-mail clcik

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I need to somehow filter or segment users who clicked on e-mail.

My e-mail clicks source / medium say direct / none OR email / email. - but landing page always says (/email-landing-page)

When I segment by "e-mail-landing-page" I am only getting SESSION lending page.

What I need to view is the following.

Landing Page from PREVIOUS visit after clicking on e-mail.

User Clicks on e-mail (View my updated quote) - the e-mail clicks land on quote status (1) (2) or (3a) (3b). Where step 3a is (sold) or step 2 is (graveyard, nosale).

I have "Conversions" data and can see converted pages, that is fine. But for a better funnel analysis, we need to view landing page for only quote viewers, particularly on step 2. 

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Filter by USER not SESSION for successful e-mail clcik

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Machae,

Segments allow you to filter data for both criteria’s i.e session level and user level scopes. Simply change the segment filter to user level scope (attach screenshot if possible - http://take.ms/aEKa5 )

hope this helps

Noman Karim

Re: Filter by USER not SESSION for successful e-mail clcik

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Michae T,

Would adding a secondary dimension to the landing page report give you the data you want?

Kind Regards,

James

Filter by USER not SESSION for successful e-mail clcik

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply guys.

My solution was to API import Segment USER and SESSION desired LP / sourcemedium and next step funnel analysis. The API data is imported to importrange and vlookup then had sext steps outline with custom columns. Thanks.