AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Facebook traffic too low compared to clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I created tags for my links running in a campaign. It seems to me that the amount of sessions versus the clicks that it's received it's very low. 

I know that Facebook traffic often goes to Direct, but since I'm using UTMs I think that wouldn't be much my issue. 

I have 728 clicks vs 84 sessions. None of the other channels have this low ratio. What could be happening?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Are you passing all traffic to the same landing page? and do you have GA code on all pages?

Thanks

Sura

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a common issue, the Facebook connect rates are usualy low, at least for me.

It may sound a little dumb but check if you are counting only website clicks on Facebook Tool. The simple click metric reported on Facebook counts every type of click like expanding a photo, liking a post, playing a video and so on.

Hope this helps.