Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Export Offline CRM data to Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello thanks everyone. I need to begin tracking revenue and invoice totals etc. and have the data available in Google Analytics.
The CRM Software we use is Printsmith Classic. 
Now, Printsmith has a module to export data to a spreadsheet xls file.

Is it possible for me to automate the process once sales team / customer service exports that spreadsheet data into a google drive folder or something else so that analytics can access the data?

I am trying to avoid manually tracking invoice revenue. The business is a printing business, customers ask for quotes, so the price and product vary widely.
These sales are done offline.

Would love to hear any solutions people might have! To anyone willing to help, thanks a bunch.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Export Offline CRM data to Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Eric,

It's possible to use the API to do exactly this although there are many considerations.  You will need to capture the client id of the user when they request the quote on the site and probably also use Ecommerce transactions. 

You'll need to export these values back with your sales data and from there you'll need a developer to automate the collection of the file, parse it into a format that GA recognizes and push it back in using the measurement protocol.

Alternatively, if you create custom dimensions for this you can push this in using data import but it won't be very usable tactically.   If you want GA to calculate ROAS, ROI, Page Value, etc. you'll need a good strategy, Ecommerce tracking and developer .

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn