AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.
 
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Events not showing up with specific tracking ID

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

 

I'm writing a script using python to collect certain data from Microsoft CRM and automatically upload these as events into Google Analytics using the measurement protocol. We have a few different accounts to send these events to, which have different tracking IDs. For some reason, it is working fine with all but one of these IDs. No matter what we've tried, we cannot get any events to show up for this specific ID. This ID is receiving other events such as webpage clicks, just not posts from the measurement protocol. So far we've tried removing all filters and changing various attributes in the post to no avail. I should also note this, as well as all other accounts have been transferred over to "Universal Analytics".

 

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

 

Thanks,

 

-Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean P
May 2016

Re: Events not showing up with specific tracking ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
UPDATE:

I figured out the issue was the box checked in view settings called "Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders", I guess it counted us as that. Unchecking this box has fixed the issue

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean P
May 2016

Re: Events not showing up with specific tracking ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
UPDATE:

I figured out the issue was the box checked in view settings called "Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders", I guess it counted us as that. Unchecking this box has fixed the issue