Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Events are no longer triggering

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My page at https://www.dotphoto.com seems to be tracking page hits, but it is not registering events at all when it used to. One strange thing is that shortly after the page loads I get a javascript error that says TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS on https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/inpage/pub/inpage.js?prefix=analytics&450917645

If I try to load that javascript file (inpage.js) anywhere I get get "We're sorry. The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes."

The tag manager does not report any problems and actually shows that I am generating events from my browser.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Events are no longer triggering

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brad M,

Are you still having issues? I visited your site and didn't see the JS error you mentioned, and I can also see pageview and event hits on the initial page load.

Thanks.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The JS error has stopped, but while we are seeing events on the client side registering they are not being reflected in our account at all since May 9th.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi, Brad, Can you elaborate on what you mean by "not being reflected in our account"? Do you mean that you can see the events and pageviews fire, but you don't see anything in GA?
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I mean under both Behavior->Events->Overview and Real-time->Events the total has been zero since May 9th. Not even the events that I trigger myself that the logger says are triggering show up. I thought I was logging to the wrong GA account, but I am not.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
That's strange. So you're not seeing anything from anybody, let alone your own visits. Do you have any filters set up that could be set up incorrectly??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, no filters at all. We are just receiving no events all of a sudden.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
What is the Property ID that you are expecting the data to be tracked into?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
UA-2670673-1

I am getting all of my other analytics. with the code that is running, just no events.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi, Brad, sorry to have let this drop. Are you still not seeing your events?