Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Event not showing in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to implement events on my website. I'm using the GA Debugger in chrome and also logging network events. I see my event sent, but, although I wait a day, I don't see it appear on the Analytics Event Overview. The only time I've seen an event is when I copied the full URL from the networks panel and pasted it into a browser and manually opened it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the details (per the guidelines, account value and event label have been replaced for privacy):

GA Debug Results

Executing Google Analytics commands.

www.google-analytics.com/analytics_debug.js:9 Running command: ga("send", "event", "onlineGiving", "sendGift", "11-11111-11111", "111.11")

www.google-analytics.com/analytics_debug.js:9

Sent beacon:

v=1&_v=j41d&a=131745784&t=event&_s=2&dl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nyu.edu%2Ftestgiving%2Fforms%2Fspecial-campaigns%2F%3Fid%3D14&ul=en-us&…=CCCCAEIhI~&jid=&cid=1252979534.1453732101&tid=UA-11111111-11&z=1901659441

www.google-analytics.com/analytics_debug.js:9 _j1              (&jid)

www.google-analytics.com/analytics_debug.js:9 adSenseId        (&a)   131745784

www.google-analytics.com/analytics_debug.js:9 apiVersion       (&v)   1

analytics_debug.js:9 clientId         (&cid) 1252979534.1453732101

analytics_debug.js:9 encoding         (&de)  UTF-8

analytics_debug.js:9 eventAction      (&ea)  sendGift

analytics_debug.js:9 eventCategory    (&ec)  onlineGiving

analytics_debug.js:9 eventLabel       (&el)  11-11111-11111

analytics_debug.js:9 eventValue       (&ev)  111.11

analytics_debug.js:9 flashVersion     (&fl)  21.0 r0

analytics_debug.js:9 hitType          (&t)   event

analytics_debug.js:9 javaEnabled      (&je)  0

analytics_debug.js:9 language         (&ul)  en-us

analytics_debug.js:9 location         (&dl)  https://www.nyu.edu/testgiving/forms/special-campaigns/?id=14

analytics_debug.js:9 screenColors     (&sd)  24-bit

analytics_debug.js:9 screenResolution (&sr)  1920x1080

analytics_debug.js:9 title            (&dt)  New York University: Make a Gift

analytics_debug.js:9 trackingId       (&tid) UA-11111111-11

analytics_debug.js:9 viewportSize     (&vp)  1836x206

URL Called (from Network Panel):

https://www.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1&_v=j41d&a=131745784&t=event&_s=2&dl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.n...

James M

Re: Event not showing in Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Looks like the event is sent successfully.
Do you have a view filter which filter out your own ip address?
Check Real Time>Events report in the view without any filter. You should see active users and events.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If the events are sent, then check if you're checking the right GA account. Check your GA UA-ID in the page source of the page where this event is firing. Also, check your filters.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, I checked the filters, and there are none set for this account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I didn't think this could be the answer, since I *do* see the event when I manually enter the call to analytics in the browser, and the call itself contains the account number. But it could be more complicated, so I double checked: I am using the tracking code Google supplies for the property I'm working on in the page I'm working on. The account number on the page is the same account I'm looking at on the Analytics dashboard..

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It seems very strange. Difficult to understand without looking into this. If it is okay with you, feel free to send me the details via an email.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Syed!

Thanks so much! Our test site is not available outside our firewall, so sharing it with you is problematic, but I appreciate the help nonetheless!

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You end up resolving this issue?   Sounds very similar to what I'm currently experiencing.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nope. Still stuck sorry to say!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi James,

Is your event supposed to fire when a link is clicked? 
(If so, it might be that the page changes too early after the click, and the website doesn't have the time to send the event to the GA servers. In this case a little time delay in changing the page after the click can fix the issue.)

Also, I would recommend you to try the Google Tag Assistant Tool (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk).
I find it most helpful in troubleshooting GA issues.

Best,
Elena