4.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up a few events on my beta tester site. The events are being fired and they show proper in Google Tag asssitant. But Data is not being recorded or event fields are not showing in the Analytics.

I check if Property Id is wrong on something.

I am using Autotrack.js.

do you thing this could be the problem?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Event Tracking

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Balaji,

Check to make sure you have a Category and Action passing, both are required. If you do, you'll have to do some further troubleshooting. Try GA Debug for Chrome or use a network traffic tool like Charles or Fiddler.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics-debugger/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna...

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi, Balaji N,

You can check in your Real-Time reports to see if the events are being logged. Note that data does not show up in your standard reports until they have been processed, which could take up to 24 hours. So check again in a day to see if the data appears. As Theo mentioned, you could also install debugging tools to verify that the events are working.

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Nicky Y (Top Contributor)
July 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nicky and Theo,

Thanks a lot for the inputs. Yes Category and label are both there. But it was not showing in real time as well as normal analytics data.

I figured out the problem 

my event tag looks like this : onsubmit=ga('send', 'event','SignUp','signup','','')

I thought by passing event value as '' I was passing empty value, but as it is a string, the event triggers but is not being collected or something. Things started showing up after i just removed the last single quotes ''

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Yes, value has to be an integer. Good for you. Smiley Wink

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn