AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking on Changing Circumstances

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, community!

So my client wants event tracking on a button that has a changing circumstance. For example, you can schedule same-day appointment online. These appointment options are 15 minutes apart. So you select the time you want and then you hit a button to schedule...

How can I go about tracking this button that will lead to a more in-depth scheduling page? There is no defined link since it's a changing occurrence, so I am wondering what my best option is.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Event Tracking on Changing Circumstances

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You can have the label of the Event change dynamically depending on what the button text is. Is that what you need?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
The button text remains the same. It will always say 'Go,' but the option for which appointment you make changes, so it will send you to a page centered around the selected time.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I see -- maybe just setup an event to pull the Page URL (if the URL is indicative of the selected time)?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Unfortunately, the page URL changes with the time and the date. I didn't necessarily want to track the time and the date as much as the action of scheduling online and so I could break it down by store location.