Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking on Changing Circumstances

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, community!

So my client wants event tracking on a button that has a changing circumstance. For example, you can schedule same-day appointment online. These appointment options are 15 minutes apart. So you select the time you want and then you hit a button to schedule...

How can I go about tracking this button that will lead to a more in-depth scheduling page? There is no defined link since it's a changing occurrence, so I am wondering what my best option is.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Event Tracking on Changing Circumstances

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You can have the label of the Event change dynamically depending on what the button text is. Is that what you need?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
The button text remains the same. It will always say 'Go,' but the option for which appointment you make changes, so it will send you to a page centered around the selected time.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I see -- maybe just setup an event to pull the Page URL (if the URL is indicative of the selected time)?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Unfortunately, the page URL changes with the time and the date. I didn't necessarily want to track the time and the date as much as the action of scheduling online and so I could break it down by store location.