Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking Limits - Banner Impression Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up some event tracking that will record banner impressions.

I'd like to track how many impressions these banners are getting. There are ten divs on each page. Each div has a unique ID which fires a tag which then records the ID name, the content id (this is an id assigned internally), and the position of the div. 

This could create thousands of events each day, possibly tens of thousands. Is this too much? 

I have read that Universal Analytics Enabled has a limit of 200,000 hits per user per day, would an event count as a hit? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian P
June 2016

Re: Event Tracking Limits - Banner Impression Tracking

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There are few types of hits in GA and event is one of them. Free version of GA allows 10 millions of hits monthly. After that you should either buy Premium or reduce number of hits that you're tracking.

If I were you I'd rather focus on measuring clicking in banners instead of measuring page views because it gives you knowledge about what interests your customers the most. Unless you're buying your banners' page views there is really not much value in measuring it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the information. I agree about clicks as well. My plan was to show users how often their destination pages were visited, but I also think there might be value in showing them how often their banners are seen. I might try recording it for a bit to see how it goes, and then stop. Knowing the limits will help out greatly!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I'm glad I could help Smiley Happy. If my answer was what you were looking for I'd be
happy if you could mark it as an "accepted solution".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure thing!