Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking Is Broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My page at https://www.dotphoto.com seems to be tracking page hits, but it is not registering events at all when it used to. For a while I was getting a javascript error that says TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS on https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/inpage/pub/inpage.js?prefix=analytics&450917645 but that seems to be fixed now.

When I use the debugger plugin everything seems to look like it's working, but there are no events at all tracking for the last week on my site.

Re: Event Tracking Is Broken

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Just checked your site and as you said, everything looks good from the console.
Don't you see the homepage view event at all?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No. I'm really frustrated here as this worked fine before. I thought I had the wrong tracking ID in there, but I am getting all of my other analytics just zero events. The only thing I've done new is add page timing events. I have tried manually executing a ga('event', 'send') event from the console and it never registers in the account. It's like the regular analytics are tracking but the events are going somewhere else. The real-time events in the console show active users, but no events and I have have no events at all for a week+.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Could you send a homepage view event right after ga('send', 'pageview')?
Don't use any function or any code in between, see if that gets through.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I added ga('send', 'event', 'view', 'test') right after the send pageview call. Still no events registering.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm experiencing the same thing on events. We send events when our office number gets a call based on the number displayed on the website. I think it might have to do with enabling Bot Filtering, but have been unable to confirm this with anyone.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I haven't changed anything in our account other than adding page timing events in our site's code. I don't know anything about bot filtering.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's frustrating, for us to. Not sure where to find help either on this.