AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking Is Broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My page at https://www.dotphoto.com seems to be tracking page hits, but it is not registering events at all when it used to. For a while I was getting a javascript error that says TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS on https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/inpage/pub/inpage.js?prefix=analytics&450917645 but that seems to be fixed now.

When I use the debugger plugin everything seems to look like it's working, but there are no events at all tracking for the last week on my site.

Re: Event Tracking Is Broken

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Just checked your site and as you said, everything looks good from the console.
Don't you see the homepage view event at all?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No. I'm really frustrated here as this worked fine before. I thought I had the wrong tracking ID in there, but I am getting all of my other analytics just zero events. The only thing I've done new is add page timing events. I have tried manually executing a ga('event', 'send') event from the console and it never registers in the account. It's like the regular analytics are tracking but the events are going somewhere else. The real-time events in the console show active users, but no events and I have have no events at all for a week+.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Could you send a homepage view event right after ga('send', 'pageview')?
Don't use any function or any code in between, see if that gets through.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I added ga('send', 'event', 'view', 'test') right after the send pageview call. Still no events registering.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm experiencing the same thing on events. We send events when our office number gets a call based on the number displayed on the website. I think it might have to do with enabling Bot Filtering, but have been unable to confirm this with anyone.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I haven't changed anything in our account other than adding page timing events in our site's code. I don't know anything about bot filtering.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's frustrating, for us to. Not sure where to find help either on this.