AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Ecommerce Tagging via GTM on an Angular JS Site -- Need Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client that has a 100% angular JS website and we have set up enhanced ecommerce tagging for them via GTM. The challenge we are having is that on an angular JS site, the data layer doesn't clear and refresh on page load because it's technically a one page site (the nature of angular JS). So, we have scenarios where product clicks, add to carts, etc. are getting duplicated because our enhanced ecommerce event tags fire for those actions, and our pageview tag, which is set to fire on history changes, has enhanced ecommerce enabled in order to collect product and promo impressions from the data layer, and is also picking up the product click, add to cart, etc, data from the data layer and is carrying that data to GA again. Does anyone have any experience with this type of issue and if so, what solution(s) have you developed? I'm finding that enhanced ecommerce data layer code and angular JS do not play nicely together and could definitely use some help! Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced Ecommerce Tagging via GTM on an Angular JS Site -- Need H

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rebecca
I think your best bet would be to ask over on the GTM community here: https://plus.google.com/communities/104865292981489764063
Perhaps someone there has experience with implementing non-standard GTM with Angular.js. It's difficult enough to get it working as it is without having to manage changes manually. It simply wasn't designed to work like that.

Sorry I can't be of more help.