AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Ecommerce GTM implementation tags

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I got a little confused on GTM implementation documentation: https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce.

It tells how to set up a tag for each feature (such as Purchase, Checkout Steps, Product View, etc), but I didn't understand if those are "extra" tags. In other words, should I have one basic tag that goes on all pages and "extra" ones for each Enhanced Ecommerce feature, or should I have one for just pageviews on pages that are not ecommerce related, and one specific tag for each of those features?

Given it's the second case, how would event tags comply to that logic? And would I not enable "Enhanced Ecommerce Features".

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Felipe,

The only "extra" tags are usually for add to cart and remove from cart which are interactive 

The rest of the data layer schemes should be part of your data layer block, ideally placed before your container snippet

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Those "extra" interactive tags would be event tag?

Re: Enhanced Ecommerce GTM implementation tags

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Right. Or virtual pageview but you'll have to tie them to a GTM datalayer
event
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Re: Enhanced Ecommerce GTM implementation tags

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Right. Or virtual pageview but you'll have to tie them to a GTM datalayer
event