Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Ecommerce Creating Invalid Pageviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I implemented enhanced ecommerce through tag manager (using this guide from Google) our website pageviews are up 2-8X! Obviously these are not true pageviews.  These "impressions" and "clicks" seem like they should be events, not pageviews. Here is what I have set up in tag manager. Any help in getting our pageviews back to normal while still implementing enhanced e-commerce would be much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.54.09 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You are tracking extra pageviews with each click because the pageview tag is triggered on gtm.click also. You need to fire your tracking tag only on gtm.dom. You need to set up event tracking tags in order to collect the enhanced ecommerce events like products clicks and add to carts. In the document you linked there is an example for the the tag configuration for each event.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Arnold, 

We removed the gtm.click, but I believe we will still be seeing double pageviews on everything because we are already tracking pageviews with a universal analytics tag that we already have in place, right?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

You don't need a separate universal analytics tag for enhanced ecommerce, just enable enhanced ecommerce on your main universal analytics tracking tag. Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital