Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Ecommerce Checkout Option Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Has anyone come across the following issue with enhanced ecommerce via GTM and dataLayer:

I have been setting the Checkout Option during one of the check out steps. If I set this as part of the actionField or its own unique request associated to the step , the transaction reports (Sales Performance with Secondary dimension Checkout Options, the report comes up with (not set) and the correct Visa value for the same transaction ID's, also with a crazy high qty count. From all my tests and searching I can't seem to pin point the issue.

Any thoughts on how to resolve or what might be causing this?

Transactions with (not set) checkout options

Screenshot_3.png

Normal transaction report

Screenshot_4.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Drd D
February 2016

Re: Enhanced Ecommerce Checkout Option Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Simo Ahava has also provided a response to this question with some additional information on the G+ GA Group :

https://plus.google.com/105082783545928611427/posts/XtexcHAKWK4

Looks like its mixing the transaction with checkout that causes this this, like how Grant described.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I have had something similar. If I recall it lists the checkout options for each time you send a checkout call.

Assuming you only pass checkout options on 1 of your checkout calls, then all the other checkout calls will have (not set)

how many checkout calls do you make in a typical checkout journey? ( I am guessing 8?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Grant,

Thank you for the insight, that makes a lot of sense for the (not set) product checkouts. Currently I have set up a series of test dataLayer pushes that for the funnel that includes 2 checkout steps and the transaction call.

Setting up a custom report for yesterdays tests (attached), the Visa shows the correct amount of test transactions (6), why it thinks that 48 transactions happened for (not set) is strange. I assume this is tied to the way it counts checkout options and some sort of interaction with the hit level tracking.

Will be setting up some more tests to investigate further, to get around short term, filtering the reports to ignore (not set) or defining a segment is workable, but it makes me wonder if something has changed recently that has caused this dimension to produce strange results.

Thanks again for your advice.

MaxScreenshot_2.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Drd D
February 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Simo Ahava has also provided a response to this question with some additional information on the G+ GA Group :

https://plus.google.com/105082783545928611427/posts/XtexcHAKWK4

Looks like its mixing the transaction with checkout that causes this this, like how Grant described.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Woot- same answer as Simo ( although not as detailed)

Happy to hear that.