AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Engagement graph for audio file

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create a dashboard that would include a graph similar to the engagement graph and heat map you can find for videos at https://wistia.com/product/analytics but for audio.

I have used google analytics before to track mobile apps usage and web page usage, but never had to build something like this.

My questions how should i structure my events? option 1: send a "listened" event for every 1% of the audio file, option 2: send range that were listened to

I could see how to implement option 1, but that does not seem very elegant. Option 2 seems very elegant, but i'm at a loss as to how to get the data out of google analytics to create the graph in an efficient manner.

Feel free to point me a documentation page if you think this has been answered, i have not found anything myself.

Thanks in advance, olivier

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I read your question and I am looking for the exact same thing. Did you find a solution? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I ended up sending an event every 5 sec and creating the graph from that data.