Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Engagement graph for audio file

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create a dashboard that would include a graph similar to the engagement graph and heat map you can find for videos at https://wistia.com/product/analytics but for audio.

I have used google analytics before to track mobile apps usage and web page usage, but never had to build something like this.

My questions how should i structure my events? option 1: send a "listened" event for every 1% of the audio file, option 2: send range that were listened to

I could see how to implement option 1, but that does not seem very elegant. Option 2 seems very elegant, but i'm at a loss as to how to get the data out of google analytics to create the graph in an efficient manner.

Feel free to point me a documentation page if you think this has been answered, i have not found anything myself.

Thanks in advance, olivier

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I read your question and I am looking for the exact same thing. Did you find a solution? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I ended up sending an event every 5 sec and creating the graph from that data.